Certain of our subsidiaries may have different privacy policies depending on the services we provide or the countries in which we provide them and the websites relating thereto, in which case additional privacy notices will be provided at or before onboarding and are available on the corresponding website. For a list of such additional country specific privacy policies, please refer to the Region Specific Information section at the end of this policy.
Personal Information We Collect
EVO provides payment acceptance services and value-added merchant services, including transaction processing, point-of-sale terminal management, payment gateway services and integrated solutions (the “Services”). When you submit a request for EVO to contact you via our Websites, you will provide certain personal information which we will use to contact you. We will also collect additional personal data in order to process your application for Services and during the course of your contract for Services with us.
Personal information collected when you submit a ‘contact us’ request or submit an application for our Services online or via our sales teams, or have a contract with us for Services may include:
- Personal and Online Identifiers: Your full name, and, for Know Your Customer (KYC)/Anti-Money Laundering (AML) purposes, we may collect your date of birth, place of birth, nationality, ID document
- Contact Information: Telephone number, email address and postal address
- Internet or Other Electronic Network Activity Information: Authentication data, click-stream data, cookies, pixel tags and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser, where you give consent to such technologies where your consent is required
- Your marketing communication preferences
- Geolocation Information: Your IP address, country code, post code, work address, personal address
- Professional or Employment-Related Information
- Financial Information and Commercial Information: Business ownership percentage, tax number (VAT ID or National Insurance Number as applicable), proof of address such as a bank statement, housing contract or a utility bill, bank account information (e.g. bank name, account holder name, address, bank account number and sort code, SWIFT/BIC, IBAN), source of wealth, annual income.
- Account data: Username, password and associated connection details.
- Transaction data: Information about the transactions made via our Services, such as the details of transactions, the details of payment, the amount and timestamp.
- Inferences drawn from the above information about your predicted characteristics and preferences.
We collect the Following Categories of Information from Third Parties:
We may receive referrals from banks, independent software vendors or independent sales organizations with which you have a relationship. This will include your full name, company, email address, telephone number and job title.
How and Why We Use Your Personal Information and What Is Our Lawful Basis for Processing
We process personal information for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract, i.e. in order to process your application and provide the Services: this is relevant where, in the course of your business or the business of your employer:
- You request or purchase a service from EVO;
- We process your account registration and identify you as a user, including setting up and administering any log-facility available on our Websites;
- We process payments made by your customers;
- We provide customer services, technical support and provide products or services such as on website installations;
- As required by EVO to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- Providing Services to you or your employer, responding to your questions and requests, providing customer service, installing terminals on site, technical support, sending you informational notices, or to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information;
- Provision and use of the Websites – information required to provide you with access to Websites and ensure its stability and security
- Facilitating, managing, personalizing, and improving our Services for you.
- Providing you with relevant marketing and assessing the effectiveness of our marketing;
- Preventing and addressing fraud, money laundering or breach of policies or terms. This includes, among other matters, analysing and improving the safety and security of the Services together with implementing and enhancing security measures and protections to combat fraud and identity theft;
- Ensuring the security and integrity of the personal information we process;
- Complying with applicable legal requirements;
- To protect or defend us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, or parent company and any of their officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors and partners, in connection with any legal action, claim or dispute;
- Where you give us consent:
- where consent is required by applicable law, we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners.
- where consent is required by applicable law, we place cookies and use similar technologies (see How we use tracking technologies below)
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- In response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- To comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities, including reporting obligations relating to fraud and anti-money laundering;
How We Use Tracking Technologies
Different types of cookies (or similar tracking technologies) may be used for specific purposes, for example: